The Majors – Awards that celebrate the best in creative, marketing and digital
The Majors, in conjunction with The Drum is back for a third year running. We’ve lined up a crop of stellar judges from the top agencies and brands, who are poised and ready to witness this year’s hottest work.
The Majors goes out to all those individuals who chisel away tirelessly at the creative coalface to deliver those rare, shiny diamonds of outstanding work. To those who deliver innovation, creativity and results.
There’s a raft of awards out there, but most focus on the success of the business. And, yes, The Majors does that too, however, that's just a tiny part of the way we recognise 'wish-I-did-that' work. For starters, we don't charge for entering our awards which makes them totally accessible, especially to the often unsung freelancers.
'The Majors is about supporting and fostering talent within the creative industries. We work with hundreds of clients, agencies and talented creatives, so we're in a position to give a little something to those who deserve it,' says Allison Upton, Marketing Director of Major Players.
- Reap the rewards of your hard work and set a benchmark within your sector, discipline and industry as a whole
- Gain great PR exposure for you and your company
- Stand out from your peers or competitors
- Show your work to some of the biggest names in the industry
- Attend our awards night to be announced in late October
- Wayne Deakin, ECD, AKQA
- Becky McOwen-Banks, Creative Director, FCB Inferno
- Jane Austin, Director of Design and User Experience, MOO
- Matt Gee, Head of Digital Transformation, Isobar
- Victoria Buchanan, Executive Creative Director, Tribal DDB
- Frederico Roberto, Creative Director, VML
- Tom Ollerton, Innovation Director, We are Social
- Tom Bayliss – CSD/CEO, Poke
- Denise Kutzer, CMO, Converse
- Nishma Robb, CMO, Google
- Matt Ford, Marketing Director, Gaucho
- Leila Fataar, Head of Culture & Entertainment, Diageo – Europe
- James Cuff, Head of SEO, Content and Social Media, Confused.com
- Gareth Barker, Director of Consumer Marketing, UKTV
- Mark Webb, Head of Group Social Media, DixonsCarphone
- John Shield, Director of Communications, BBC
- Christine Morgan, Director of PR, Debenhams
This award is for the best industry agency within any creative specialism. We are looking for an agency that has had a significant year and is clearly setting the bar for others.
Major interactive campaign
This award will celebrate a compelling campaign that utilises a variety of marketing disciplines in fresh and exciting ways.
Major social media campaign
We’re looking for a social media campaign that shows creative thought expressed across multiple social platforms, but above all it should have achieved great results.
This is open to any team or agency in a creative, marketing and digital discipline that has shown outstanding innovation in their work or campaign.
Major influencer / influencer campaign
This is open to any individual, agency or brand that has generated impressive results through influencer marketing.
An award for the best design in any format that includes; packaging, brand, media, print or retail. The judges will be looking for clarity of communication, great craft and execution.
This award spans all specialities from copywriting, design, social media or even photography. You will need to have delivered outstanding work in your field and worked as a successful freelancer for the past year.
This is for an individual who has displayed innovation and outstanding concepts across a range of media. It could be a piece of work or a full-scale campaign.
For an individual contributing to their business in the form of traditional comms, digital media or a campaign that was innovative. The judges will be looking for originality and creativity in your work.
Open to any level marketer from assistant to director who has shown exemplary results for their business.
Allison Upton, Marketing Director, Major Players
Tel: 020 7845 7215
Twitter: @majorplayerjobs #themajorsuk
Industry Insights features highly accessible and practical content from experts in the marketing services sector providing you with tools and resources to improve your business performance. If you would like to submit a report to the section contact email@example.com